Tuesday 7 September 2010

An inspirational woman.

I was encouraged to read this article in the Courier Mail last Friday. This is a woman after my own heart. Her name is Kerry Huntly. She went to Cambodia to help out for six weeks, came home, sold her house and went back to open a home in Siem Reap. That was two years ago. She is working with the slum dwellers on community development and teaching English. Her organisation is called New Hope Cambodia.
I'm delighted to be visiting the area close to this part of Cambodia and would love to spend time with such an inspirational person.
She does speak of how she misses her adult children back in Australia. I can so understand where she is coming from. That is the one thing that will be the biggest challenge of leaving Australia, especially if I end up going away long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment