Monday 9 August 2010

Cambodia - Here I come


Earlier this year I felt compelled to investigate mission opportunities in South East Asia: specifically the work of Destiny Rescue. DR are a Christian organisation committed to fighting human trafficking in a number of our poorer Asian neighbours.

It has taken until now to book and pay the deposit on a two week mission experience. I will be in Cambodia and Thailand from 23 October to 7 November visiting rescue homes where young girls (eight years old is not uncommon!) rescued from brothels are housed, fed, educated and loved.

I have applied for leave from work and while this has been granted, I'm not entitled to any pay during the period I'm away.

I have started this blog to allow family and friends to stay up-to-date with the planning, the trip and the impact of the trip as it could just be the beginning of something much bigger :)

If you would like to become part of the adventure I would appreciate your participation through prayer, financial contribution and emails of encouragement as I don't mind admitting that I'm going to need plenty of all three as well as the unlimited grace, mercy and provision of God to see this through.

Travel account details:
S.E.Lawson BSB: 014263 Account No. 525471155

Watch this space for updates and may God bless you as we reach out together to the precious young girls of Cambodia with God's love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, this is the second time I've tried to leave a message, we'll see if it works this time!! I fight with these things.
    So good to hear from you and also to see you're helping rescue these kids. We have a friend who's also involved and I'll send her your email. We're grandies twice now, with two little girls. Bless you lots.

    ReplyDelete